Min menu

Pages

Ancient Egypt Geography

 Egypt Geography

 
Egypt is located in the northwest region of Africa, with the Mediterranean Sea to the north, and a chain of mountains to the south. The climate is arid and dry, like the Sahara Grand crosses the country. The Nile is fed by the White Nile and Blue Nile, which is why it never dries out. The river used to flood every year snowmelt in the mountains. Less than 10% of Egypt is settled or used one way or the other, but about 90% of the area consists of the Libyan desert, the Sahara Desert and the Arabian desert.
 
 
Ancient Egypt Geography
 

 Ancient Egypt

 
Ancient Egypt was very different on maps of Egypt that we know today. Ancient Egypt was a great kingdom. It includes many natural obstacles such as the desert on either side of the Nile and the mountains on its southern borders.These characteristics ensured that ancient Egypt was effectively cut off from its neighboring kingdoms and provinces. This has also led to a unique fusion and realization of cultures and traditions that are purely Egyptian.
 
Tutankhamun tomb treasures
 
Egypt is the gift of the Nile
 
 

 Nile river


Length of the river is four thousand miles, the longest river in the world. His lotus has inspired many artists. The Nile and its floods were a source of income for the Egyptians and their seasons were based on the rise and fall of the Nile. Egypt is also called the gift of the Nile because without the river, the land is barren desert.


Narmer united Upper and Lower Egypt

 
 Archaeological discoveries confirm the approximation of the two parts of Egypt by King Narmer history, the most influential being the Narmer Palette. It may be associated with the legendary King Menos, called in ancient texts as providing "two lands under control." Even if both parties are united to form a single coherent country in about 3000BCE, each maintained its own culture consistent. People spoke different dialects and were culturally very different as well. 
 
King Menes unites Upper and Lower Egypt
Narmer Palette
 

 
Ancient Egypt Maps
 
 
Some of these differences still exist in modern times. Ancient Egypt can be divided into Upper and Lower Egypt. To the north, Lower Egypt, where the Nile stretched to form the Nile Delta. South of Upper Egypt Wass stretching to Syene. The terminology of "Upper" and "Lower" derived from the Nile flow from the highlands of East Africa from the Mediterranean Sea.


Red and Black Earth


To the Egyptians, the land was divided into two parts - "red earth" and "virgin land." The black earth was fertile plains of the Nile, where the black silt was deposited each year after the floods of the Nile, rich in alluvium, which has been used to support the entire population luxious vegetation and abundant game.  Land red and black, also known as Kemet Desret and represents the rich black soil of the Nile and the latter, the desert and the parched land.
 
Ancient Egypt Maps
 
 
In the west, the desert was home to a few oases, however, is the desert was uninhabited except for minors and careers. These mines were mostly precious stones. The ancient Egyptians were well aware of their dependence on the Nile and the desert cliffs outside their borders.The first cataract was originally south of Upper Egypt, which means that the countries of the South. It consisted of raw water and rapids and waterfalls 800 miles from where the Nile joins the Mediterranean Sea. 
 
The red earth was barren desert that protected Egypt from marauding enemies. this desert was also rich in precious and semi precious stones and provided a rich natural resource for the whole country.In agriculture, many Egyptians cultivated like wheat, barley, beans, lettuce, onions, leeks, emmer, grapes, melons and squash. They also grew trees like palm trees and eucalyptus, along lily, lotus, papyrus, etc.
 
 
 
 

reactions

Comments